European Green Deal – Impacts on Agriculture. In Europe and in Brazil
The European Green Deal is meant to be a tool for a Great Transformation in order to decarbonize the Economy and to tackle with the challenge of the century, the climate change. The Farm-to-Fork Strategy intends to translate the ambitions of the Green Deal into adequate agricultural policies.
We want to discuss the probable impacts of the Farm-to-Fork Strategy on Agriculture in Europa but also in Brazil with:
- Christian Henning, Professor for Agricultural Policies at the Kiel University
- Fernando Zelner, Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock
- Ingo Plöger, German Brazilian Agribusiness Initiative and Brazilian Agribusiness Association, ABAG.
- Joana Chaivari, Climate Policy Initiative at the PUC Rio and Brazilian Coalition on Climate, Forests and Agriculture
- Hans-Peter Lampen, German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture